DID YOU KNOW?
- A fleet vehicle user (or ‘non-commercial driver’) is any person who drives as part of their job in a company vehicle, but for whom driving is not the main activity they are paid for
- 31 deaths annually are work related traffic fatalities – the largest single category of work related deaths in NZ
- At work drivers have crash rates 30-40% higher than other drivers
- Every business has an obligation to identify, assess and control the risks associated with vehicle use
- Vehicle sales for fleet purposes account for more than half of all new car vehicle sales in NZ
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO REDUCE THE RISK?
- Develop and implement a ‘Safe Driving’ policy
- Take an active role in encouraging your employees to drive safely
- Share driving where possible
- Keep all vehicles well maintained and service vehicles regularly
- Make informed vehicle selection choices – for safety and sustainability
- Promote and provide staff training in road and vehicle safety